Chutneymusic.com Top 10 Countdown – 14th September 2023:
- Satish Udairam x Shellita Khemraj – Fallin Apart
- Anil BHEEM – COME BACK MY LOVER
- Tauseef Baksh – Lady In Red X Choodi Baji Hai
- Sandesh Sewdien X Savita Singh – Sajanwa
- MR JADOO – D’ BUS RIDE
- Kenneth Salick – Doh Bad Talk Rum
- Katelin & Kaylee Sultan – Cham Cham Cham
- Devani Devi – Maa Sharde
- Steven Dharampal – Kanha Murli
- Jo’E – My Lover
Note Well: ONLY WEBSITE Views considered in this countdown. YouTube, Facebook Views or Radio Plays are not considered. You must submit your song directly to Chutneymusic.com to be considered for the countdown.
So share your favourite 2023 songs from the website, Chutneymusic.com to help your favourite artists rank higher in the countdown.
We cannot accept third party YouTube Links (meaning links that are not from Chutneymusic.com or the artist). On occasion, we have accepted links from artist themselves but they must at a minimum, submit their song in mp3 format.
When an artist releases an official video, the post date of the song is rolled forward to an applicable timeline and thus becomes eligible in those periods.
One view = One vote – Our ranking system is simple, the songs with the highest views for the week ending Thursday will place in the countdown. Eligibility period is usually November of the previous year to December of the next year.
To increase the probability of ranking well in the countdown, artistes are advised to share their chutneymusic.com website link(s). Only songs on the Chutneymusic.com Website will be considered for the countdown.
You may choose to advertise your song on the Front Page of the website for maximum exposure. To promote your song please contact us.
ChutneyMusic.com’s Top Ten Countdown is a weekly countdown done every Thursday at 10am. The countdown consists of Chutney, Chutney Soca, Bollywood Covers and Bhajans from Non Resident Indians entered into our website’s pool.
Ranking is determined by the number of views, searches, comments and social shares a (song) post receives on Chutneymusic.com.
Intuitively, in order to rank higher, you must and get more sustained searches, comments and social shares on your Chutneymusic.com post as possible within that week period.
How to get more views?
The tried and tested formula apart from having a huge following is “Quality over Quantity!”.
Artists can use these guidelines:
- Sing on key
- Use least amount of pitch correction unless it is for vocal styling
- Have well produced, mixed and mastered songs
- Have clean, clear high definition images
- Where text is used on images, let the colours bet contrasting.
- Provide songs lyrics (Fans love this, as do we because it helps you rank higher in Google Search for example)
This guideline list is not exhaustive.