Chutneymusic.com is pleased to announce the successful completion of the 2023 Chutneymusic.com Rani, Raja, Rajkumar and Rajkumari better known as CRC 2023 on the 17th February 2023.
Four titles were awarded as follows:
- Daddy Chinee won CRC 2023 Raja (King)
- Ranji Baby won CRC 2023 Rani (Queen)
- Katelin Sultan won CRC 2023 Rajkumari (Princess)
- Jonathan Ramnarine won CRC 2023 Rajkumar (Prince)
It’s time to enter the Chutneymusic.com Rani,Raja, Rajkumar & Rajkumari Competition 2023 better known as CRC 2023.
Four titles to be won and only be two rounds; Preliminary and a Final round.
The preliminary round is scheduled to end on the 22nd January 2023.
Contestants can enter by uploading a one minute or less VERTICAL video of you singing your song live using a professionally recorded instrumental or live backing instruments. (It is preferable to not sing over your pre recorded vocal heavy mixes)
Contestants are required to submit a prerecorded video of a full concert like live performance on or before the 15th of February 2023. The Grand Finals will be aired on Chutneymusic.com’s social media on the 16th of February 2023 at 8pm EST.
We go straight to Finals, which will be held in February 17th 2023.
There are two Youth Competitions, Rajkumar & Rajkumari (Prince & Princess) where minors will be allowed to compete by singing Bollywood songs.
Chutneymusic.com presents the Chutneymusic.com Rani, Raja, Rajkumar & Rajkumari Competition or CRC. CRC 2023 is an Online International Chutney Soca Competition.
- Online so there are no COVID 19 concerns
- International to reach maximum amount of competitors
- Four winners in one competition, Raja part for Men, Rani part for Women, Rajkumar for Males under the age of 18 and Rajkumari for females under the age of 18.
- To enter the competition is FREE.
- This is primarily a SINGING Competition.
- You do not need expensive props for your performance as Presentation is only Maximum 20pts while singing and lyrical composition total 60 points.
- Enter by submitting a one minute of you singing your song using a professionally recorded instrumental or live backing instruments. Think of the video submission as a live audition.
- Try not to sing over your track as it is difficult for the judges to hear your voice. The better the judges can hear your voice the better your chances of winning easily available points.
- You cannot submit Official Music Videos.
- English compositions allowed but bonus points available for proper usage of Hindustani.
- NO BOLLYWOOD REMIX OR COVERS for Rani & Raja Competition but Rajkumar & Rajkumari would be allowed to sing those types. Bonus points available for Original lyrics and melody.
- Usage of bollywood melodies in the Rani & Raja Competition are allowed but will attract a 15 point penalty per round.
- Book songs or folk songs can be used once the songs have not been professionally recorded by another artist cannot be used. For example, An artist cannot sing over Lootay La etc.
- You may use your song which was or is used in any other competition.
- If you have any concerns over your song selection, please contact us.
Judges decision final.
Titles until advised otherwise.
- Singing Ability (Max 30pts)
- Lyrical Composition (Max 30pts)
- Presentation (Max 20pts)
- Stage Presence (Max 10 pts)
- Chutney Soca Beat (Max 10 pts)
- Rana Mohip (Trinidad).
- Wanita Ramnath (Netherlands).
- Celebrity Judge, 3 time Chutneymusic.com Raja, Ricardo Melville.
Reserve Judge: Dr Visham Bhimull.
If you would like to sponsor CRC 2023. Please do not hesitate to contact us.